The IRS issued IRS Pub. 509, Tax Calendars for use in 2015. The publication is posted at http://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html and is reproduced in this Report at ¶2.
The 2015 holidays are:
• January 1–New Year’s Day
• January 19–Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr./ Inauguration Day
• February 16— Washington’s Birthday
• April 16–District of Columbia Emancipation Day
• May 25–Memorial Day
• July 3–Independence Day (observed)
• September 7–Labor Day
• October 12–Columbus Day
• November 11–Veterans Day
• November 26–Thanksgiving Day
• December 25–Christmas Day
A statewide legal holiday delays a due date for filing a return only if the IRS office where you are required to file is located in that state. A statewide legal holiday does not delay a due date for making a federal tax deposit. (IRS Pub. 509, October 29, 2014.)
For more information on this and other topics, consult the Visit our News Library.