IRS requests comments on Forms 1099-R and 1096

The IRS is requesting comments on Forms 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.; and Form 1096, Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns. Written comments should be submitted on or before July 10, 2018, to Laurie Brimmer, Internal Revenue Service, Room 6526 (for Form 1099-R), and to Roberto Mora-Figueroa, Internal Revenue Service, Room 6129 (for Form 1096), 1111 Constitution Ave. NW., Washington, D.C. 20224. (83 FR 22, 124, May 11, 2018.)

Visit our News Library to read more news stories.